Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: newbie has questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lanty's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I've recently acquired a KODAK M 28 Instamatic camera. I was wondering if anyone has any specs about the camera or where I could find them? I'm primarily interested in creating animations with the super 8. So besides the camera question, can anyone recommend some good books, websites, etc. that deal with making super 8 animation?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Scotness's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2002
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A good place to start is with the link at the bottom of this page in the middle -- "go to super8filmmaking.com"

    Scot

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I have this camera as my parents use to film me with it back in the day. Unfortunately it has no single frame only a fixed running speed of 18 frames per second. To do any kind of animation with this camera you would have to do very quick presses on the trigger so as to only expose a couple of frames at a time. However this camera is so weakly built with plastic parts it would likely break down in no time doing this. I would look for a more sturdy camera that has single frame as a feature if your main intention is animation.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lanty's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info. I'm totally new to S8, but I'm totally enthusiastic about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •